As you may already know, my family and I are moving this Friday (2 days)! We are so very excited and busy. I’ve been working on packing up our belongings while my husband must still go into work. Since most of the packing is done I figured I might as well work on cleaning out the freezer and cupboards next (just making it so we have fewer things to move). I found that we had a gallon size freezer bag of strawberries in the freezer and a chocolate cake mix in the cupboard. I couldn’t think of anything healthy to make with those two ingredients, so my 6 (almost 7) year old and I set out to make the most delicious dump cake we have ever had. It’s easy, fast, and delicious! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 2 lb (approx) strawberries (frozen, fresh, canned)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Spread strawberries in the bottom of a 9x13 inch cake pan.
- Dump cake mix over the top of the strawberries.
- Top with melted butter.
- Bake at 350* for about 30 minutes.