Just this last week I decided it was time to cut down on the amount of sugar that I consume. My poor complexion has been awful and I have a feeling it has a lot to do with all the Easter candy and junk I’ve been eating.
On the other hand, my 4 year old has been begging me to make cookies with her. I have a hard time saying NO to such a cute little face. So, I decided to make
healthy cookies that my great-grandmother used to make. They are my absolute favorite!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon + 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup raisins or chocolate chips
- Cream sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Put the 1 teaspoon of baking soda into a 1/4 cup.....add the milk to the 1/4 cup and mix together.
- Add the soda and milk mixture to the other wet ingredients.
- Add salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add flour.
- Add oatmeal.
- Stir in raisins or chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes-1 hour.
- Make into 1 inch balls and flatten with a glass or fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 375*F for 10 minutes.