It is nearing the end of winter, and many people are getting hit with the winter colds or flu this time of year. We don’t very often get a cough that goes through our house, but when it does it can keep the whole family awake at night with just one person coughing constantly.
Store bought cough syrup tastes terrible (unless it is loaded with fake chemical flavors), and who knows what is really in it!
We opt instead to make our own cough syrup with ingredients that we know are beneficial and healthy.
- 3 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Honey (local if possible)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Mix the ingredients together and warm in either a saucepan or in the microwave before using. Drink a spoonful or add a spoonful to a cup of herbal tea or warm water.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- If you don't have all of the ingredients, just use the ones you have!
Some of the above links are affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra charge to you, if you make a purchase using this link.