We are showing you how to make your own aloe vera soap using a crock pot for all the hard work. This is a fast and easy soap that can be made in an afternoon and used the following day. It is great for your skin, too!
- safety goggles
- white vinegar
- kitchen scale
- metal bowls
- mold (Pringles can)
- stick blender
- crock pot/slow cooker
- spoon, knife, spatula
- 8.4 oz olive oil
- 7 oz coconut oil
- 3.5 oz lard
- 4.18 oz water
- 3 oz aloe vera juice
- 2.77 oz lye
- Measure out oils/fats and add to crock pot on low heat.
- Measure out water and aloe.
- Measure out lye into separate container.
- Add lye into water and stir until dissolved. Let cool.
- When oils/fats are melted, add lye mixture and blend with stick blender until mixture is the consistency of pudding.
- Place lid on crock pot and cook for 1 hour.
- Spoon mixture into mold and let sit for 24 hours.
- Remove from mold and cut into bars.
- Use immediately or let harden on a wire rack.